Our nanoparticle cluster source is designed by experts in the field with long experience in nanoparticle production for different applications. With its quick installation using standard tube feedthroughs and easily interchangeable target cathodes, this nanoparticle source is optimized for high vacuum systems where an additional source for nanoparticles is desired. Nanopart CS is operated in high-power pulsed mode and optimized for our HiPSTER 1 HiPIMS unit.
- Hollow cathode design for maximized target material ionization and nanoparticle growth
- Higher nanoparticle growth rates compared to magnetron based sources
- Easily interchangeable hollow cathode targets
- Nanoparticle size control through several parameter options
- Well investigated and documented parameter studies
- Tested using a range of target materials
- Nanoparticles obtain a net negative charge which makes electrical guidance to preferential spots possible
A small positive potential on the top of the pyramids attracts Ag-nanoparticles efficiently.
A thick layer of Zr-particles of homogeneous size
- Solar cells
- Energy storage (e.g. batteries)
- Energy conversion (e.g. catalysis/water splitting)
- Sensor technology
- Medical applications (e.g. contrast agents)
- Smart windows