We have developed a new HiPIMS-based DLC process, where we are able to ionize carbon to a much greater degree, which has been impossible with other magnetron methods (even conventional HiPIMS as well as MPP), since carbon is extremely difficult to ionize. We have verified the process, grown DLC-coatings (hydrogen-free), and achieved excellent results, (see brochure for details), from the thin film characterization.
A first patent has been filed on this process and we are now looking for industrial partners.
- Highly ionized carbon fluxes
- Film density reaching to 2.8 g/cm3 (comparable to that obtained from PLD)
- H-content not exceeding 10% (i-e- below the threshold for hydrogenated-DLC)
- More than 40 GPa film hardness
- Film density and sp3 bond fraction tailoring (without changing the external/applied bias)
Want to know more?
Download our brochure »